Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I've been looking for the "perfect" biscotti recipe for my Mom. I have taken a recipe that was ok and made some adjustments to suit what I wanted. They are fabulous and look great too!
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup mixed white chocolate chips, and
- milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄8 cup sliced almonds
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter (Not Margarine,melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup milk chocolate, melting waffers
- 1⁄4 cup white chocolate, melting waffers
- Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees, making sure the rack is in the centre position. Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper *VERY IMPORTANT*.
- Combine Flour, Cocoa, White Sugar, Baking powder, salt, first measurement of chocolate chips in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl whisk eggs, butter and vanilla. Pour mixture into a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Mixing with a spatula until mixture is crumbly.
- Knead mixture together in bowl until combined. Dough will be crumbly, but should hold together.
- Form dough into a fat cigar shape and cut into two even halves.
- Form halves into 2 long cigar shapes approx 1" thick, 2" wide and 12" long each and place onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes turning the baking sheet half way through. When removed dough should be hard to touch and slightly browned.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees and allow biscotti to cool for 15 minutes.
- With a serrated knife, either cut biscotti on an angle into 1/2" pieces (smaller biscotti) or cut into half and then thirds (larger pieces). Place back onto cookie sheet with cut side up.
- Bake for another 12 minutes, then flip so other cut side is facing up and baking 12 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on cooling rack approximately 30 minutes.
- Melt Milk Chocolate waffers in the microwave 20 seconds, stir and another 30 seconds.
- 13. Place cooling rack on top of the cookie sheet used to bake on with parchment paper still in place. Drizzle melted chocolate over biscotti pieces, with the tops facing up.
- Repete with White Chocolate.
- Allow to set for 2 hours and serve. Store in an air tight container.