Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These little goodies will be gone in a flash and you will have requests for more!!
Make and share this Chocolate Almond Bars recipe from Food.com.
For crust and topping
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup whole almond, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant espresso powder or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (4 1/2 oz)
- Make crust and topping: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat together butter and brown sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes with a standing mixer or 3 minutes with a handheld.
- Reduce speed to low and mix in flour and salt just until a dough forms.
- Pat two thirds of dough evenly over bottom of a buttered 8- by 2-inch square metal baking pan.
- Bake crust in middle of oven until edge is golden, about 12 minutes.
- While crust is baking, work almonds into remaining dough with your hands until crumbs form, then reserve for topping.
- Cool crust in pan on a rack.
- Make filling while crust cools: Dissolve espresso powder in vanilla in a small cup.
- Beat together cream cheese and sugar with cleaned beaters at medium-high speed until creamy, about 2 minutes, then add egg and espresso mixture and beat well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour filling onto cooled crust and crumble topping evenly over filling.
- Bake in middle of oven until edges are golden, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan on rack.
- Cut into 16 bars.
- Makes 16 Bars.
I made these for my DD's birthday sleepover. The girls really loved them and ate them up like they were going out of style! I have to admit, they are really good!