Recipe by Michelle S.
A co-worker made these at Christmas and boy were they good! I had to share the recipe with all the chocolate lovers here.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cold butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Press on bottom of 13 x 9 pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Melt 1 cup chocolate chips with condensed milk; remove from heat.
- Cool slightly; beat in egg.
- Stir in almonds and extract.
- Spread over prepared crust.
- Bake 25 minutes or until set. Cool.
- Melt remaining chocolate chips with shortening.
- Drizzle over bars.
- Chill 10 minutes or until set.
- Cut into bars. Store covered at room temperature.