Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another tasty treat that I discovered this Christmas from Robin Hood Flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, finely chopped
- Cream butter, sugars, almond extract and egg together thoroughly.
- Stir in flour and oats.
- Mix well.
- Spread evenly in greased 8" square cake pan.
- Bake at 350°F about 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips with butter until smoothly blended.
- Spread over base.
- Sprinkle evenly with chopped almonds.
- Cool until chocolate sets.
- Cut into bars.
I thought that the base dough was a little dry. I'd try to add milk next time. But they were a fabulous hit as an easy snack.