Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great recipe for the holidays and to give as a gift because it is relatively easy to make. Use your favorite bittersweet chocolate for this one since the chocolate is what really makes this great. I don't remember where this recipe came from but you can mix it up by using a different type of nut or even using more or less chocolate.
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup whole almonds or 3⁄4 cup cashews or 3⁄4 cup brazil nut
- Finely chop your chocolate so that it melts evenly and quickly.
- Add your chocolate to a double broiler until the chocolate is warm and melty. You don't want to get the chocolate too warm and it is not necessary for this recipe.
- Once the chocolate is melted, mix in your almonds.
- Stir well to ensure the almonds are completely coated.
- Once well coated place the chocolate mixture to a baking sheet covered with wax paper.
- Spread the mixture out evenly to cool.
- It takes about two hours or so to completely cool enough to break the bark.
Yum! I used almost all bittersweet chocolate and a little semi sweet. So good, thanks! Made for PAC(pick a chef) event.