Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Yummy and Lite
- 3⁄4 cup cake flour, sifted
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- Place oven rack at lowest position in oven.
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, cocoa and cinnamon. Mix lightly until well blended.
- In large bowl of electric mixer, mix egg whites, cream of tartar, salt and almond extract until stiff but not dry peaks form.
- Fold flour mixture, a little at a time, into beaten egg whites, gently, until blended.
- Spoon batter into angel food tube pan with removable bottom.
- Gently cut through the batter in the angel food pan to eliminate air pockets.
- Bake 30 -35 minutes, or until cake springs back when tapped with a spatula.
- Immediately invert cake onto soft drink bottle and allow to stand until cooled.