Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
my fav chocolate cookie
Make and share this chocolate afghans recipe from Food.com.
- 200 g butter
- 75 g sugar
- 175 g flour
- 25 g cocoa
- 50 g corn flakes
- chocolate icing (your favorite recipe)
- walnut halves
- soften butter, add sugar and beat to a cream.
- add flour, cocoa and lastly cornflakes.
- put spoonfuls onto a greased oven tray and bake about 15 minutes at 180C degrees.
- when cold, ice with chocolate icing and put half a walnut on top.
Classic afghans. Only problem with these is that they donÂ´t sit around long enough to ice!
Isn't it funny - such simple childhood food still tastes so great & is so easy to make. Another victory for the Edmonds Cookbook! I made these today for my partner to take to work over the next week (saves buying choccie bars), it's just such a simple recipe and takes so little time. The only difference was that I didn't put walnut halves on the icing as he doesn't like them, but I don't think they're the same without the walnuts. Thanks for posting Evie*, you saved my bacon 'cos I couldn't find the Edmonds Cookbook this morning.