Recipe by Brandess
This is the most infamous recipe in my repertoire. A great go to during those times when you are emotionally on the edge :) Be careful; these are addictive. This is not the recipe for you if you are watching your waistline. They do freeze beautifully before and after baking.
Top Review by weekend cooker
WOW!! If you love chocolate, boy these are it. They were so easy to make, I even had to make a double batch, because the kids had friends over, they were gone in no time. I made sure I was going to get a part of the second batch. THESE ARE GREAT !
- 2 (16 1/2 ounce) packages refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough (I use Pillsbury brand)
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate morsels (NOT milk)
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice and press 1 1/2 tubes chocolate chip cookie dough into the bottom of a 9x13 pan to form bottom crust. Return the remaining half of the cookie dough to the freezer.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, add the chocolate morsels, milk and salt. Stir until mixture is smooth and shiny. Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract; mix well. Pour the chocolate mixture over the chocolate chip cookie dough in the baking pan. Slice, then crumble, the remaining 1/2 tube of dough evenly over chocolate mixture.
- Place in a 350 degree oven 30-35 minutes until top layer of cookie dough is golden brown.
- Cool completely and slice into bars or squares or use a biscuit cutter to make cookies and save the scraps for yourself. *evil grin*.