Recipe by CobaltBlueMixer
Great for plan-ahead cookies. Plan ahead: Freeze the dough for up to 4 months. Thaw at room temperature 45 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
Top Review by DeeVaFoodie
I'm giving these cookies 4 stars instead of 5 not for the flavor, which is very very good but for the dough texture. The dough was so wet that it was almost impossible to roll it into a log. It was very hard to work with because of this wetness. But I finally got the job done and the final flavor was worth the effort. Made for PAC Fall 09.
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the butter, sugar, and eggs until fluffy. Add the chocolate, vanilla and salt and mix well. Gradually beat in the flour. Mix in 1 cup of the walnuts.
- Halve the dough and shape each piece into a log 8 inches long and 2 inches in diameter.
- Roll each log in the remaining walnuts; wrap separately in plastic and chill until firm, about 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Grease 2 cookie sheets. Cut the dough into 1/4-inch-thick slices and place on the sheets. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottoms. Remove the cookies with a metal spatula and cool.