Recipe by **Tinkerbell**
From FamousFrenchDesserts.com. "Tastes amazing, feels amazing." Traditional French serving ideas: For breakfast serve in a bowl for dipping your toast into or for afternoon tea with French pastries or truffles Posted for ZWT 5.
Top Review by Baby Kato
Wow, Tink, I love hot chocolate and have made a lot of the recipes on the site....I must say that this is the best of them all. What a lovely kept secret. So much flavor, rich, thick, smooth, velvety and decadent. I was in heaven. I enjoyed this so much that I made another pot later in the day. Thank you for sharing a recipe that has gone into My Favorites Cookbook for 2012. Made for Fall Pac/12
- 28 ounces whole milk
- 7 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup creme fraiche (or heavy cream)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 pinch vanilla powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (for garnish)
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipped cream (fresh or canned for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat milk, cream & sugar over low flame. Bring to simmer but do not let it boil.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate and vanilla. Stir until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- Pour into mugs and serve with whipped cream & a sprinkle of powdered cocoa.