Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From FamousFrenchDesserts.com. "Tastes amazing, feels amazing." Traditional French serving ideas: For breakfast serve in a bowl for dipping your toast into or for afternoon tea with French pastries or truffles Posted for ZWT 5.
- 28 ounces whole milk
- 7 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup creme fraiche (or heavy cream)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 pinch vanilla powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (for garnish)
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipped cream (fresh or canned for garnish)
- Heat milk, cream & sugar over low flame. Bring to simmer but do not let it boil.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate and vanilla. Stir until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- Pour into mugs and serve with whipped cream & a sprinkle of powdered cocoa.
Wow, Tink, I love hot chocolate and have made a lot of the recipes on the site....I must say that this is the best of them all. What a lovely kept secret. So much flavor, rich, thick, smooth, velvety and decadent. I was in heaven. I enjoyed this so much that I made another pot later in the day. Thank you for sharing a recipe that has gone into My Favorites Cookbook for 2012. Made for Fall Pac/12
Delicious! What a very tasty treat this was. The cocoa powder and whipped cream are more then garnish they push this already tasty recipe right over the top. Made as written cutting down to one serving. Thanks so much for the post.
At first when I tagged this I thought it was a beverage, however after looking at the directions more closely I discovered it was for dipping pastries or French toast into. Made for Summer 2009 Photo tag.