Recipe by evelyn/athens
The cornflour/starch is the 'trick' in this recipe. Trust me.
Top Review by Kasha
I,live in France--this is the stuff from the cafÃ© down the street. I made half a recipe for 2, used skim milk and I didn't have super good choclate in the house so used more ordinary stuff, still good. Excatly the right taste and consistency, what a surprise! If I had churros, I'd be dipping them in it like they do in Spain. Another good one Ev.
- 5 ounces dark chocolate, best-quality, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk (full fat)
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons cornstarch or 1 1⁄4 tablespoons cornflour
- 3 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chocolate and half the milk in a pan and heat, stirring, until the chocolate has melted. Dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining milk and whisk into the chocolate with the sugar and vanilla extract. Cook on low heat, whisking constantly, until the chocolate is thickened, about five minutes. Add extra cornstarch if it doesn't start to thicken after 5 minutes. Remove and whisk smooth.