Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a must try dessert! It is tender, rich and oh so fudgey on the inside. I halved the recipe and cooked it in a 15 ounce oven-safe dish. It turned out absolutely perfect AND delicious! Recipe courtesy of Nigella Lawyson from her television show, Nigella Feasts.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, with 60 percent cocoa solids
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup superfine sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Place a baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F.
- ****Butter the ramekins with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Either in a microwave or in a bowl suspended over a pan over simmering water, melt the dark chocolate and 1 stick butter, then set aside to cool a little.
- In another bowl, mix the eggs with the sugar and flour with a hand whisk and beat in the cooled butter and chocolate mixture.
- Divide the mixture between the 4 buttered ramekins.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, by which time the tops will be cooked and cracked and the chocolate gooey underneath.
- Place each ramekin on a small plate with a teaspoon and serve.
- Make sure to warn people that these desserts will be HOT!
- ****Special equipment: 4 (2/3 to 1-cup capacity) ramekins.
I made these as soon as I saw Nigella make them! This is the easiest and BEST dessert EVER!!! I actually take the butter and chocolate and microwave it for 30 seconds and stir until it is all melted. I take it out and let it cool then I just add everything to that mix so I only dirty ONE bowl (I hate doing dishes) and they turn out exactly how they did when I did it the way the recipe states! It was already a super easy dessert...but by microwaving and just throwing everything in there it's even easier lol I even make single serve ones when my husband works late...except then I crack one egg in a bowl, mix quick, and add half to the mix. So easy, great to serve to guests...A must!
We love these! So simple to make-i melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over hot water and do the rest in the blender. Great for when you have unexpected visitors for dinner
So easy.Made 10 in small ramekins served with cream & trickle of strawberry sauce(HOMEMADE).Thanks.