1/1 Photo of Chocoholic's Cheesecake #RSC
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. It was late, the night before my wife's brithday. I am still trying to figure out what to get her for this very special day. Then it hits me, a chocolate cheesecake. I spent the better part of the night quietly preparing this surprise for her, and part of the next day keeping it hid. Her 70th Birthday was very memorable, she loved the cheesecake, and made the comment to my mother, that she is a chocoholic, hence the name; Chocoholic's Cheesecake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Cake Mix Ingredients
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- reynolds parchment paper
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 6 graham crackers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup natural unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate morsel, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Chocolate Topping Ingredients
- 1Set the oven rack in the middle position, and preheat the oven to 300º.
- 2Using Reynolds Wrap® Foil, line a 9-inch cake pan with a 20-inch strip of aluminum foil, then using Reynolds Parchment Paper®, cut a circular piece to fit over the aluminum foil. The aluminum foil is used as handles to lift the cheesecake from the cake pan.
- 3Place the almonds in a blender and process until you have almond flour.
- 4Place the Honey Grahams in a 1 quart zip-loc bag. Remove the air from the bag and seal it. Breakup the grahams by hand, and then using a rolling pin, roll over the bag crushing the grahams into fine crumbs. Place the cracker crumbs, almond flour and sugar in a large jar and shake to combine. Sprinkle the cracker crumbs evenly, into the bottom of the cake pan.
- 5Place the cream cheese in an electric stand mixer bowl. Attach the flat beater, and at speed 6 beat until fluffy. Add the cocoa and flour, and mix at speed 2 until incorporated. Add the remaining ingredients, and mix at speed 4 for 2 minutes.
- 6Pour the batter slowly into the cake pan. Lightly smooth and level the batter with an angled spatula.
- 7Using Reynolds Wrap® Foil, place a 20-inch strip of aluminum foil across a large cake pan. Boil 1-1/2 cups of water, and pour into the large cake pan. Then place the 9-inch cake pan in the larger pan. The aluminum foil is used as handles to lift the cheesecake from the hot water.
- 8Place the pan in the middle of the oven, and bake for 50 minutes.
- 9Remove the pan from the oven, and carefully remove the 9-inch cake pan from the hot water. Place the 9-inch cake pan back into the oven for 10 minutes, or until the center of the cheesecake is set.
- 10Cool the cheesecake on a wire rack for 1 hour, and then place in the refrigerator for 2 hours to cool before starting with the topping.
- 11In a Double Boiler, add approximately 1-inch of water to the lower pot. You do not want the water to touch the upper pot when it is in position. Then place the lower pot over medium heat. When the water starts to bubble, turn down the heat just a little to maintain the temperature.
- 12Place in the upper pot, the chocolates, milk, vanilla and butter. Place the upper pot atop the lower pot.
- 13Use a spoon to stir the chocolate until it is melted and creamy looking. Keep stirring until the chocolate looks like it is of a pouring consistency, adding more milk if needed.
- 14Pour the chocolate over the cheesecake, and use a spatula to smooth the chocolate to the outer edge.
- 15Sprinkle the Sea Salt evenly over the topping.
- 16Cool for 1 hour or more in the refrigerator.
- 17Remove the cheesecake from the cake pan and place on a cake stand.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocoholic's Cheesecake #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 735.7
- Calories from Fat 444
- Total Fat 49.3 g
- Saturated Fat 26.0 g
- Cholesterol 147.9 mg
- Sodium 723.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 51.2 g
- Protein 15.7 g