Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
This recipe is from kraftrecipes.com.
- 118.29 ml caramel sauce (or cajeta)
- 340.19 g can evaporated milk
- 226.79 g package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, cubed, softened
- 7 large eggs, divided
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml sugar
- chocolate cake mix, 2-layer size
- 236.59 ml water
- 78.07 ml oil
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 236.59 ml Cool Whip Topping, thawed
- HEAT oven to 375ºF.
- POUR caramel sauce into 12-cup fluted tube pan sprayed with cooking spray. Blend evaporated milk, cream cheese, 4 eggs, vanilla and sugar in blender until smooth.
- BEAT cake mix, water, oil and remaining eggs with mixer until blended. Add sour cream; mix well. Pour over caramel in tube pan; gently ladle flan mixture over cake batter. Cover pan with foil sprayed with cooking spray, sprayed-side down. Place in larger pan. Add enough water to larger pan to come halfway up side of tube pan.
- BAKE 1-1/2 hours or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate 2 hours. Loosen dessert from side of pan; invert onto plate. Remove pan. Serve dessert topped with COOL WHIP.