Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
My favorite dessert. Half chocolate cake, half flan, this is just delicious and amazing when you cook it.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box chocolate cake mix, or (prepare as indicated on package)
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄3 cups water, or
- 3 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- Cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cake batter according to instructions on package. Do not bake, set aside.
- Flan: In a blender, mix eggs, condensed milk, cream cheese and vanilla til smooth.
- On a small pan over the stove top pour the 1/2 cup of brown sugar til it melts to make the caramel topping.
- On a greased Bundt pan pour the caramel to cover the bottom of the pan following pour prepared cake batter then on top of cake batter add flan mixture. It might seem everything is mixing together but once baked both will cook separately and it'll look beautiful. Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove and cool. Place on a serving dish best when served cold.
This is delicious and so easy. I made this for a work party and it was devoured. I also made it for a New Year;s Day Mexican fiesta and every guest asked for the recipe.
Thanks susie in texas, i am making a chocflan for easter tomorrow and its in the oven as i write this, but i was so confused as to how the flan would end up on the top layer if every recipe calls for the cajeta, chocolate cake then flan... lets cross our fingers that it does in fact switch places! =)
FANTASTIC!!!! Not only was it fun to make, beautiful to look at and it also does a disappearance act right before your eyes. But was it good you ask. Well to be honest I don't know, it didn't last long enough for me to get a piece, made it for my grandsons 9th birthday party. But judging from the recipes requests and the dirty little chocolate months I would think its safe enough to give it a thumbs up. Have it on the menu for just the family again next week end. I love recipes like this.......on the unusual side. Thank you Bella for sharing.