Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I am famous for my cookie plates every Christmas. I am always looking for different cookie recipes. This one adds a chocolate twist to the traditional snickerdoodle recipe.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 2 3⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In large bowl, cream butter and 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beat until smooth.
- Combine dry ingredients (except 3/4 tsp cinnamon) Add dry to creamed, stir.
- Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Roll cookie dough into 1-inch balls, roll in sugar mixture.
- Bake on lightly greased cookie sheets at 375° for 6-8 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.
I've made these cookies a few times and my co-workers love them! In fact, I've been getting requests for them!
I've never really thought too much about snickerdoodles, but throw in some chocolate and I'm there! These were really quick, easy, and yummy.
These have a great chocolate flavor that compliment the cinnamon very nicely. I got about 50 cookies out of one batch. This is a keeper for sure!