Recipe by Divinemom5
I am famous for my cookie plates every Christmas. I am always looking for different cookie recipes. This one adds a chocolate twist to the traditional snickerdoodle recipe.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 2 3⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, cream butter and 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beat until smooth.
- Combine dry ingredients (except 3/4 tsp cinnamon) Add dry to creamed, stir.
- Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Roll cookie dough into 1-inch balls, roll in sugar mixture.
- Bake on lightly greased cookie sheets at 375° for 6-8 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.