Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These take me back to my childhood. My mother would make these ahead of time and put in the freezer. We would raid the freezer and she'd end up having to make more! They are crunchy and yummy!
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco shortening
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter, crunchy
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3 cups corn flakes
- On low speed, mix first 6 ingredients until there are course crumbs.
- Add beaten egg yolk and vanilla, mix well.
- Firmly press into ungreased jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool slightly and spread topping on top.
- TOPPING: Melt chocolate chips in double boiler until smooth.
- Add crunchy peanut butter, stirring until smooth.
- Fold in Corn Flakes and coat all pieces.
- Spread evenly over cooled cookie base.
- Allow to harden then cut into bars.
Very good, extremely rich, but very good. Cut into smaller bars.