Barbs Miller's Note:
These take me back to my childhood. My mother would make these ahead of time and put in the freezer. We would raid the freezer and she'd end up having to make more! They are crunchy and yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Crisco shortening
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, crunchy
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3 cups corn flakes
- 1On low speed, mix first 6 ingredients until there are course crumbs.
- 2Add beaten egg yolk and vanilla, mix well.
- 3Firmly press into ungreased jelly roll pan.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- 5Cool slightly and spread topping on top.
- 6TOPPING: Melt chocolate chips in double boiler until smooth.
- 7Add crunchy peanut butter, stirring until smooth.
- 8Fold in Corn Flakes and coat all pieces.
- 9Spread evenly over cooled cookie base.
- 10Allow to harden then cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocodiles (Cookie bars)
Serving Size: 1 (1651 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.3
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 18.0 mg
- Sodium 152.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 20.3 g
- Protein 6.0 g