Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made these for chirstmas, they were so good.
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter, crunchy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour, all purpose
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips, semisweet
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter, crunchy
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flakes, slightly crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine all cookie ingredients except flour and salt; blend well.
- Stir in flour and salt; mix well.
- Press dough into ungreased square cake pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes till lightly golden brown.
- Cool slightly.
- In medium saucepan, melt chocolate chips over low heat.
- Stir in 1/2 cup peanut butter and corn flakes.
- Spread over slightly cooled base.
- Cool slightly and cut into bars.