Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yummy chocolate cookies with macadamia nuts and coconut.
- 1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until creamy.
- In a seperate bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Stir in nuts and coconut.
- Drop by teaspoons on to ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
Another great recipe! These cookies are crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside. A wonderful addition to my holiday cookie trays! I made these as written and my yield was 48 cookies.
Thanks for posting your recipe Parsley. These were so good that I made two batches of cookies. The first batch I made following your instructions and the second batch I made was without nuts (because of my dh's allergy) I substituted white chocolate chips for the nuts. The cookies were wonderful both ways. Nice big, thick, rich, soft, moist and tender cookies. I will be making these fudgy babies again and again.