Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a fun and easy beverage. I found it in some magazine, oh, 30 years or so ago. (It's written into the flyleaf of even an older cookbook). But it's stood the test of time. I've also used very ripe apricots and other types of berries- the key is soft fruit. Note on servings: This is meant to be a treat for someone really watching calories - I can drink a double batch all by myself - but the original intent was to provide a reasonable treat when dieting.
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla ice cream
- 3 tablespoons frozen strawberries or 3 tablespoons frozen raspberries, with syrup, thawed or 1⁄4 cup fresh sweetened strawberries or 1⁄4 cup fresh sweetened raspberries or 1⁄4 cup crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons club soda
- Blend the ingredients, except for the club soda, in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into a glass filled with crushed ice.
- Splash in the club soda and stir.
- Top with additional ice cream and fruit, if desired.
WoW whats better than chocolate and strawberries! Oh and so creamy! I also tripled the recipe to serve three of us! We all loved it : )
Big hit here! My daughter loved it. We used strawberries and blueberries. But I agree with everyone else... no way is this 2 servings. I tripled the recipe and got just enough for 2 glasses
What a lovely ice cream berry soda. I enjoyed this sweet, fruity, chocolately treat very much. I used frozen strawberries and raspberries, that I picked and froze, so added 1 tbsp white sugar to the blend. Thanks for sharing this refreshing treat. It was perfect for the hot sweltering day we had yesterday.