Recipe by Nana Lee
This would be great for all those chilled summer pie fillings. This pie crust is really a pie shell and it would be best used with a cooled filling. Definitely a no-bake pie shell! I suppose you could change the semi-sweet chocolate with other types of chocolate, like bittersweet. You will need a pie pan and aluminum foil or plastic wrap.
- 1 cup real semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt water Semi-Sweet Real Chocolate Morsels and vegetable shortening over hot (not boiling); mix well.
- Stir in walnuts. Press over bottom and sides of a foil-lined 9 inch pie pan.
- Chill in refrigerator until firm (about 1 hour).
- Lift shell from pie pan; peel off foil and replace shell in pie pan.