Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Recipe from Pillsbury classic cookbooks Feb 2003 Best Family Meals from the Bake-Off. Cook time includes cooling time.
- 1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 cup toffee pieces
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup butterscotch chips, melted
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut cookie dough into 1/2 inch slices. Arrange slices in bottom of ungreased 13x9 pan. With floured fingers, press dough evenly in pan to form crust. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the toffee bits. Bake at 350 for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cream cheese, brown sugar, vanilla and egg; beat at medium speed until blended. Add melted butterscotch chips; blend well.
- Remove partially baked crust from oven. With spatula, gently press edges of crust down to make flat surface. Spoon and spread cream cheese mixture to cover crust. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup toffee bits and chocolate chips.
- Return to oven; bake an additional 20-25 minutes or until edges are deep golden brown and center is set. Cool 10 minutes. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled. Cut into bars. Store in refrigerator.