Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a chocolate lovers dream. It is absolutely delicious . This easy cake will become one of your favorites. I changed the original ingredients to make it healther and it still tastes great.
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 8 ounces fat free sour cream
- 3⁄4 nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free margarine
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate fudge topping
- 1 1⁄2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat over to 350 degrees and spray cooking spray on a 13x9 inch baking pan For Cake: Beat flour, sugar, sour cream, milk, butter, egg& egg beaters, baking soda, vanilla extract and baking powder in medium mixer bowl until well mixed.
- Reserve 1/2 cup batter.
- Spread remaining batter into prepared baking pan.
- Combine reserved batter and hot fudge in a small bowl.
- Drop mixture by heaping teaspoon evenly over batter.
- Pull knife through batter to marble.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until wooden tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean and top springs back when touched lightly in center.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- For Topping: Microwave morsels in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on medium high (70%) power for 2 minutes; stir.
- Thr morsels may retain some of their original shape.
- If necessary, microwave at additional 10 to 15 second intervals stirring just until morsels are melted.
- Then spread on top of cake and serve.