Prep 20 mins
Cook 9 mins
- 2⁄3 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 package Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe yellow cake mix
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1⁄2 cup milk semisweet chocolate chunk
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine shortening and brown sugar in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add cake mix gradually at low speed.
- Mix until well blended.
- Stir in cereal, chocolate chunks, butterscotch chips, chocolate chips and nuts with spoon.
- Stir until well blended.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten slightly to form circles.
- Bake at 375 for 7 to 9 minutes or until lightly browned around edges.
- Cool 2 minutes before removing to cooling racks.
- Cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.
Everyone loves them and these are eally easy to make. I made them exactly as directed and used chopped pecans as the nuts, more finely chopped though! These would be a great addition to a goody tray- thanks for a nice cookie recipe- definite keeper!!
these are my favorite cookies! I've been making them for Christmas for years and everyone loves them. The rice cereal freezes fine. I'd lost my cookbook that had these in them thanks for posting this one Kim!!!!
Cooked these great cookies, just as directed. They were wonderful. Will put these in my permanant cookie recipes.