Top Review by Mommy Diva
Everyone loves them and these are eally easy to make. I made them exactly as directed and used chopped pecans as the nuts, more finely chopped though! These would be a great addition to a goody tray- thanks for a nice cookie recipe- definite keeper!!
- 2⁄3 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 package Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe yellow cake mix
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1⁄2 cup milk semisweet chocolate chunk
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine shortening and brown sugar in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add cake mix gradually at low speed.
- Mix until well blended.
- Stir in cereal, chocolate chunks, butterscotch chips, chocolate chips and nuts with spoon.
- Stir until well blended.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten slightly to form circles.
- Bake at 375 for 7 to 9 minutes or until lightly browned around edges.
- Cool 2 minutes before removing to cooling racks.
- Cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.