Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Just can't get enough of that peanut butter! Preparation time does not include 1 hour chilling time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup Skippy creamy peanut butter or 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup margarine or 3⁄4 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1⁄3 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
- Beat brown sugar, peanut butter and margarine until fluffy.
- Blend in water, egg and vanilla.
- Add oatmeal, flour and baking soda; mix well.
- Chill for 1 hour and shape into 1 inch balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Use bottom of glass, dipped in sugar and press flat.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes at 350 degrees or until golden brown- Cool on wire rack.
- For frosting, melt chocolate chips and shortening until smooth.
- Top cookie with chocolate.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts, if desired.
- Chill until set.