Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 hrs 20 mins
Nobody skips breakfast when flaky crescent rolls hold layers of chocolate and banana filling.
- all-purpose flour
- 1 (10 1/8 ounce) canpillsbury big & buttery refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (6 rolls)
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup nutella, hazelnut spread with cocoa
- 2 firm ripe small bananas
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Line cookie sheet with regular foil and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray, or line cookie sheet with nonstick foil.
- Sprinkle flour lightly on sheet of waxed paper.
- Unroll dough on floured paper into 1 long rectangle; press perforations to seal.
- Cover with another sheet of waxed paper; with rolling pin, roll to make 18x9-inch rectangle.
- Spread peanut butter over rectangle to within 1 inch of edges.
- Spread hazelnut spread over peanut butter.
- Cut bananas into about 1/8-inch slices; arrange slices with sides touching in 2 rows down center of hazelnut spread.
- Fold in short ends of rectangle 1 inch.
- Starting at one long side of rectangle, roll up tightly; pinch edge of dough to seal.
- Remove from waxed paper; place seam side down on foil-lined cookie sheet.
- Brush with egg white; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Immediately transfer strudel on foil to cooling rack.
- Cool 30 minutes.
- Loosely wrap foil around strudel; refrigerate 30 minutes to 1 hour or until chilled.
- To serve, cut into 1-inch slices, using serrated knife.
- Wrap and refrigerate any remaining strudel.
- NOTE: *One tablespoon sugar mixed with 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon can be substituted for the cinnamon-sugar.