Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon finely shredded orange rind
- 3⁄4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together the flour and powdered sugar.
- Using a pastry blender cut in the butter onad orange peel until the mixture resembles fine crumbs and starts to cling.
- Stir in chocolate pieces.
- Form the mixture into a ball and knead until smooth.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Using the bottom of a glass,slightly flatten balls to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Bake at 325 for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheets for 1 minutes.
- Remove and cool on wire racks.
Wow!! This is the first time I ever made shortbread. Very easy to follow recipe and just bursting with great orange flavor. The chocolate really brings it out too. This will be on my holiday cookie trays from now on!