Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A hybrid cookie...
- 5 tablespoons butter, very soft
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 eggs (maybe 3)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1 teaspoon chocolate extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups rolled oats (not quick cooking!)
- Combine butter, peanut butter, 2 eggs, and vanilla extract in large mixing bowl. Stir till very smooth.
- Combine flour, sugars, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cocoa powder in mixing bowl; stir till well mixed.
- Stir in oats. Dough should be fairly stiff, but if it's too dry, add another egg and mix well.
- Roll dough in to walnut-sized balls and flatten slightly. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350F for 7-10 minutes (depending on whether you prefer soft or hard cookies). Cool on racks if possible.