Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is the recipe that took second place in a local cooking contest where we needed to come up with an original recipe that used chocolate.
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 ounce banana extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (12 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, coursely chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- Beat egg with sugar until thick. Stir in melted butter and banana extract. Sift flour and baking powder. Mix into batter. Batter will be thick.
- Preheat pizzelle griddle. Lightly grease griddle as needed. Drop 1 tablespoon batter onto each circle. Cook for approximately 25 seconds.
- Once the pizzelles are done, set aside. Melt milk chocolate chips in microwave on medium setting for approximately 1 1/2 minutes. Stir chocolate until it is smooth. Spread melted chocolate about 1/2" strip around the edge of a pizzelle. Sprinkle chopped pecans over chocolate before it hardens. Set aside to cool and harden. Repeat with the remaining pizzelles.
- Optional: If you would like your pizzelles to look more "dressy," drizzle the tops of the pizzelles with melted white chocolate.