1/1 Photo of Choco-Nut Dainties
Great Holiday Cookie!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat 3/4 cup butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar. Add egg and vanilla, mixing well.
- 2Combine flour and salt; add to butter mixture, mixing until blended. Stir in 1 cup chocolate morsels.
- 3Shape dough into 1 1/2- x 1/2-inch logs. Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 4Bake at 350F for 12 to 15 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 5Combine remaining 1 cup chocolate morsels and remaining 1/4 cup butter in a small heavy saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring often, until chocolate melts. Dip ends of cookies into mixture, and roll in chopped walnuts. Place on wax paper until chocolate is firm. Store in an airtight container; freeze up to 6 months, if desired.
- 6From "Christmas with Southern Living 1994.".
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Choco-Nut Dainties
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.5
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 58.3 mg
- Sodium 215.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 20.3 g
- Protein 5.8 g