Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delightfully moist cupcake with icing from German chocolate that has a nice creamy texture that is rich and velvety
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml cocoa
- 236.59 ml shredded coconut
- 236.59 ml boiling water
- 118.29 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 59.14 ml canola oil
- chocolate candy bar
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa and sugar together stirring until all lumps have dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the boiling water in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs, coconut, milk and oil stirring with a wire whisk until mixture comes away from the sides of the bowl.
- Pour batter into greased muffin cups filling 2/3 full.
- Bake in pre heated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- To make the icing melt chocolate bar in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Add melted chocolate to softened butter in a medium size bowl and stir until butter has completely dissolved into mixture.
- Stir in icing sugar to make a smooth icing to put over cooled cupcakes.