Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is entirely from HungryGirl.com. This could for dessert or breakfast. Be sure to add a packet of Splenda
- 1⁄3 cup regular oats (not instant)
- 1 packet diet hot cocoa mix (25 calories)
- 1⁄2 medium banana, mashed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash salt
- Pour cocoa mix into a glass with cinnamon, sweetener and salt. Add 1/4 cup of hot water, and stir thoroughly.
- Once cocoa mix has dissolved, add 1/4 cup of cold water and stir. Place mixture in the fridge to chill. (Make sure it is cold, or oatmeal may bubble over when cooking!)
- When ready, combine with mashed banana and oats in a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, and mix well.
- Microwave dish for 2 1/2 - 3 minutes (depending on how thick you like your oatmeal). Give it a stir, and then allow oatmeal to cool and thicken. Enjoy!
Good easy and healthy morning oatmeal! I like the addition of the banana, because it tastes good with the chocolate and because of the health benefits. I sprinkled my cinnamon on top after cooking instead of mixing it in. Thanks for posting your recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2010