1/2 Photos of Choco-Mint Snaps
I got these last year from christmas-cookies.com , I needed something different for a tray I was preparing. I love these! Nice light mint flavor with the chocolate. When doing them for Christmas, I tinted the sugar red and green for rolling :) **cooking time is PER tray**
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt chocolate squares over low heat.
- 2Remove from heat and cool.
- 3Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 4In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- 5In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer at medium speed, cream the shortening and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy.
- 6Add eggs and blend well.
- 7Add reserved chocolate, corn syrup, water, and extracts and blend well.
- 8Stir in flour mixture until just blended.
- 9Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in additional sugar and place about 2-inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- 10Bake for 9 to 11 minutes.
- 11Cool a few minutes on baking sheet and transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Choco-Mint Snaps
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 72
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.1
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 5.8 mg
- Sodium 54.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 1.1 g