Recipe by Lisaural
This has always been my all-time favorite Christmas cookie. They are most enjoyable when crisp!
Top Review by BigFatMomma
These had a great texture, but the mint taste didn't come through as much as I'd hoped. I will make these again with plain chocolate, since I loved the crispiness of the cookie. Thank you so much for a new yummy cookie!
- 1 cup nestle mint chocolate chips (if you can't find mint chips, use semi-sweet chips and 3 tsp. of mint flavoring)
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chips over hot, not boiling, water and remove from heat.
- Combine shortening, sugar and egg in a bowl and beat till creamy.
- Blend in melted chocolate and corn syrup.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir sifted mixture gradually into chocolate mixture.
- Shape into balls using 1 tbs for each.
- Roll balls of dough in sugar and place 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Cook in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Let stand for a few minutes before removing from tray.