Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This has always been my all-time favorite Christmas cookie. They are most enjoyable when crisp!
Make and share this Choco-Mint Snappers recipe from Food.com.
- Melt chips over hot, not boiling, water and remove from heat.
- Combine shortening, sugar and egg in a bowl and beat till creamy.
- Blend in melted chocolate and corn syrup.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir sifted mixture gradually into chocolate mixture.
- Shape into balls using 1 tbs for each.
- Roll balls of dough in sugar and place 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Cook in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Let stand for a few minutes before removing from tray.
These had a great texture, but the mint taste didn't come through as much as I'd hoped. I will make these again with plain chocolate, since I loved the crispiness of the cookie. Thank you so much for a new yummy cookie!
The cookies were easy to make and very flavorful. A cookie to be on every Christmas platter.