Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This cookie is a Christmas favorite of my children.....all because the hidden surprize inside!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 49 Andes mints candies
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, combine sugar, butter, egg and vanilla. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt. Beat at low speed until soft dough forms.
- Divide dough in half.
- On well floured surface, roll half of dough into 13 x 9 rectangle.
- Arrange mints evenly on dough, forming 7 rows of 7 mints.
- Between 2 sheets of wax paper, roll remaining dough into 13 x 9 rectangle.
- Discard top sheet of wax paper.
- Carefully turn second rectangle over mint-topped dough, matching edges.
- Using scalloped pastry wheel, cut dough evenly between the mints.
- Gently press edges of pillows to seal.
- Place pillows 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9 to 12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Cool completely before storing.