Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
My sister-in-law is not a "sweets" eater, but she enjoyed these.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped walnuts or 3⁄4 cup pecans
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened (do not substitute margarine)
- 1 (99 g) box instant vanilla pudding
- 3 cups sifted icing sugar
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- green food coloring
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup mint chocolate chips
- For base: Stir 3/4 c.
- butter, icing sugar, cocoa, vanilla, and eggs until well blended.
- Add graham wafer crumbs, coconut, and nuts; mix well.
- Press firmly into 13x9 inch pan.
- Cream 1/3 c.
- butter in medium bowl.
- Mix in pudding powder.
- Keep beating.
- Alternately beat in icing sugar and milk until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in food coloring until a mint green colour.
- Spread filling over base.
- Chill 15 minutes.
- Melt mint chocolate chips and milk over low heat.
- Spread quickly over chilled filling.
- Chill 2 hours before serving.
- Cut into bars.
- Store in covered container in fridge.