Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I knew a gal that made this for Bunco parties. It was a long time ago, and if you can find PINK peppermint ice cream, it really makes a difference for the presentation.
- 28 crushed vanilla wafers
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 quart peppermint ice cream, softened
- 2 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 3 egg yolks, well beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 egg whites
- Toss together crumbs and butter,(and reserving 1/4 cups mixture,) press into a 8X8 baking dish.
- Spread on softened ice cream and freeze.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter and the chocolate over low heat, gradually stir in egg yolks, sugar, nuts and vanilla.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Add egg whites to chocolate mixture and spread over ice cream.
- Top with reserved crumbs. Freeze for at least 2 hours.