Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
No pudding in this quick and easy pie. Serve with extra topping, if desired. Prep time does not include chilling 2 hours.
- 1 9 inch pie shell, baked and cooled
- 20 marshmallows, cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup semisweet chocolate piece
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 (8 ounce) containerfrozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- Place marshmallows and milk in a heavy sauce pan, cook over low heat until marshmallows melt.
- Stir in chocolate until melted, remove from heat and cool.
- Peel and slice bananas 1/4 inch thick, arrange over the baked crust.
- Fold whipped topping into the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Spread evenly over bananas and chill 2 hours.
This was very good. I used a suggestion from another review to use the Oreo cookie crust and it came out great! It was so easy to make and will definitely be making it again.
This turned out really good. My bananas weren't completely ripe but I couldn't tell. I don't like mushy bananas anyway. I wouldn't change a thing in this recipe.
I made this pie with an Oreo cookie crust and melted milk chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet. DELISH!! Next time I might throw in a few mini-marshmallows after the melting for some "lumps" of marshmallow - the guys in my house LOVE marshmallows. Quick, easy and tastes great!