Recipe by senseicheryl
A candy from the www.kingarthurflour.com website. "Rich, dark chocolate enrobes marshmallows and walnuts in this easy-to-make candy."
- 2 2⁄3 cups dark chocolate, chopped or 2 2⁄3 cups chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream or 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 13 marshmallows, halved around the circumference
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped, toasted if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Line an 8" x 8" square or 9" round pan with parchment, and grease the parchment. If you don't have parchment, use waxed paper or plastic wrap.
- Combine the chocolate, cream, espresso powder, corn syrup, and vanilla in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat the mixture in the microwave (or in a saucepan set over low heat on the stove) until the cream is hot and the chocolate has softened.
- Remove from the heat, and stir until the chocolate has melted and everything is smooth.
- Spread about 3/4 cup of the melted chocolate in the bottom of the pan.
- Space the marshmallow halves atop the chocolate. Distribute the walnuts evenly in the spaces between the marshmallows.
- Spread the remaining chocolate atop the marshmallows and walnuts, spreading to the edge of the pan so that everything is covered.
- Refrigerate for an hour or so, to set the chocolate. Remove from the refrigerator, and loosen the candy from the edges of the pan.
- Bring to room temperature, and leave in the pan, covered with plastic, till you're ready to cut into squares.