1 hr 15 mins
A candy from the www.kingarthurflour.com website. "Rich, dark chocolate enrobes marshmallows and walnuts in this easy-to-make candy."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line an 8" x 8" square or 9" round pan with parchment, and grease the parchment. If you don't have parchment, use waxed paper or plastic wrap.
- 2Combine the chocolate, cream, espresso powder, corn syrup, and vanilla in a microwave-safe bowl.
- 3Heat the mixture in the microwave (or in a saucepan set over low heat on the stove) until the cream is hot and the chocolate has softened.
- 4Remove from the heat, and stir until the chocolate has melted and everything is smooth.
- 5Spread about 3/4 cup of the melted chocolate in the bottom of the pan.
- 6Space the marshmallow halves atop the chocolate. Distribute the walnuts evenly in the spaces between the marshmallows.
- 7Spread the remaining chocolate atop the marshmallows and walnuts, spreading to the edge of the pan so that everything is covered.
- 8Refrigerate for an hour or so, to set the chocolate. Remove from the refrigerator, and loosen the candy from the edges of the pan.
- 9Bring to room temperature, and leave in the pan, covered with plastic, till you're ready to cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Choco-Mallow
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.9
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 4.5 mg
- Sodium 6.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 1.6 g