Prep 35 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a very chocolaty cake from Nestle.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package chocolate flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (2 ounce) bar unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 12-inch Bundt pan or tube pan.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, milk, sour cream,and eggs in large mixing bowl. Beat on low speed just until blended. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes. Stir in morsels and nuts. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes. Invert onto wire rack and cool completely.
- Melt baking chocolate and butter in a saucepan on low heat stirring until smooth.(If you want to do this in the microwave I would use shortening). Remove from heat. Stir in powdered sugar alternately with water until desired consistency. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour glaze over cake.
This cake was sensational! Made it for a birthday cake for teenagers. It was extremely high - so use a large cake pan. We used white chocolate chips with the milk chocolate base. Really very good - very quick to put together and everyone wanted the recipe. No-one would guess it is using a packet cake mix!