Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This comes from a recent addition to the Feb/March Taste of home Magazine and it will definitely get a thumbs up from chocolate lovers.
- 1 (18 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease and flour 12 inch Bundt pan.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, milk, sour cream and eggs in large mixer bowl.
- Beat on low speed just until blended, then beat on high speed for two minutes.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes; invert onto wire rack to cool completely, first running butter knife around edges to loosen from pan.
- For Glaze:.
- Melt unsweetened chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- I have used a microwave for the melting process with no problem.
- Stir in powdered sugar alternately with water until of desired consistency; stir in extract.
- Be careful adding the sugar -- add small amounts at a time so as to decrease chances of lumping.
- I have also made the cake and the glaze with the addition of Orange Extract in both; also wonderful.