Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
We like this recipe because it is so moist and just simply tastes great! It was given to me in 1975 (my boys were just little guys) and it has become a family tradition each year at Thanksgiving and sometimes at Christmas.
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups bran flakes
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Combine the first 9 ingredients and set aside.
- Blend the eggs,canned pumpkin, vegetable oil and Bran Flakes well in large mixing bowl.
- Beat on low speed with mixer until the oil is completely incorporated into the mixture.
- Gradually add the flour mixture.
- When well blended, add the chocolate morsels white chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
- Gently mix until well blended.
- Pour into prepared pan (Bundt or Tube pan that has been greased).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack and turn out on serving plate.