1/1 Photo of Choco-Coconut Mousse Cake
2 hrs 20 mins
Its so yummy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups cake flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 90 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup malibu liqueur
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold milk
- 2 tablespoons cold milk
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons Malibu rum, liqueur
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- 3In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy. Add the cooled chocolate and vanilla and beat for 3 minutes to incorporate.
- 4Beat in the eggs one at a time. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat for another 3 minutes.
- 5Gradually mix in the dry ingredients in 3 batches, alternating with the water. Beat for 1 minute after each addition to incorporate the ingredients.
- 6Line the baking sheet with parchment paper, pour in the batter and smooth the surface with a spatula. Bake for 20 minutes, until tester inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- 7Leave to cool. With the 3" cookie cutter cut 4 circles, brush with the liqueur and set aside.
- 8To make the coconut mousse, bring the first amount of milk and the coconut to a boil. Drain through a fine-mesh sieve, squeezing the coconut well and reserving the milk.
- 9Bring reserved coconut milk to a boil. Mix the cornstarch with 2 tbsp of cold milk and add to the hot milk. Cook well until start to thicken. Cool.
- 10Dissolve the gelatin in remaining 2 tbsp of cold milk. Let stand for 2 minutes. Heat the milk just until gelatin dissolves. Cool slightly.
- 11Combine cooled coconut milk with gelatin and liqueur. Whip the cream and fold it gently inches.
- 12Line two 5-inch ramekins with acetate and pour in the coconut mousse. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze.
- 13To make a chocolate mousse, combine sugar with cornstarch and eggs. Mix until no lamp remains. Heat the milk in a sauce pan and pour gradually into egg mixture. Return to the pan and cook, stirring constantly until start to thicken. Do not let to boil. Remove from the heat, cover tightly and cool.
- 14Dissolve gelatin in the milk. Let stand for 2 min and heat until gelatin is dissolved.
- 15Whip chilled pastry cream, add gelatin and melted chocolate. Whip the whipping cream until soft peaks and fold it inches.
- 16Line four 4-inch springform pans with acetate. Place the cake circles on the bottom. Unwrap frozen coconut mousse and place them on top of the cakes. Pour chocolate mousse over the coconut mousse, dividing evenly between the pans.
- 17Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 6 hours.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Choco-Coconut Mousse Cake
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.4
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 125.0 mg
- Sodium 261.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 7.4 g