Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I based this recipe on Delicious Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies By Chef#92816, and the name for this came from Chef#8688. Thanks to both of you for inspiring me. :) If you like, add another 1/4 cup of walnuts. The ten minutes cooking time is for each cookie sheet. Submitted to " ZAAR " on June 17th, 2009.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup of stick margarine
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, and baking soda, set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together both sugars and margarine until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla, mixing well.
- Blend flour mixture into creamed mixture a little at a time.
- Add chips,coconut, and walnuts mixing well.
- Using a Tablespoon sized cookie scoop, place 12 balls of dough onto greased parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, ( check after 10 minutes, and adjust baking time if needed. ) until lightly browned.
This is a wonderful recipe. The texture was just perfect. Will use this often. Thanks for posting.
Moist, chewy and quite delicious! This cookie will satisfy the sweet tooth in all your family and guests alike. I used butter to replace the margarine as that is what I had on hand and it worked very well. I used a 2 Tablespoon scoop and baked for 10 minutes and reduced my total amount of cookies to 2 dozen. This is a wonderful cookie! Thank you for this recipe, shapeweaver! I enjoyed helping you discover a name for new recipe : )