Recipe by Redsie
Muffins with Cheerios!! :) Would add more sugar maybe 3/4 cup next time as I didn't find them sweet enough ;)
- 2 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup miniature chocolate chip
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 350°F Line 12 regular-size muffin cups with paper baking cups or spray just the bottoms of the muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Pour the cereal into a plastic bag and seal. Crush the cereal with a rolling pin or a can of soup. Pour the crushed cereal into a large bowl.
- Stir in the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda. Stir in the rest of the ingredients just until moistened. Spoon the batter evenly into the muffins cups.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown. Immediately remove the muffins from the cups. Cool 5 minutes before service.