Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very easy, very good, very chocolately...... Great served warm with ice cream or Cool Whip.
Make and share this Choco-Cherry Upside Down Cake recipe from Food.com.
- In a greased 13x9x2" baking pan, spread the Cherry pie filling evenly over the bottom.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar,unsweetened cocoa powder,the baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl stir together the water, oil, vinegar and the vanilla.
- Add liquid ingredients to flour mixture all at once, stirring Just To Moisten.
- Pour the batter evenly over the cherry pie filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or till the cake tests done.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan; invert and cool.
- Serve with Cool Whip.
- Serves 12.
i make this but use a boxed cake mix and a home chocolate icing to die for
I have yet to make this with the cherries! None of us are vegan, but i love saving money on eggs and dairy products! Don't try in a pan taller than 2" or the middle doesn't cook. Without cocoa, this makes a great banana cake (mashed banana to replace some of the oil) or spice cake (just, er, add cake spices) and I often use orange juice instead of water.
This cake was just OK. We ate it, but decided it just wasn't good enough to be a keeper. It didn't have that gooey-rich taste that I love in chocolate cake.