Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 unbeaten egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips (6-ounce package)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup drained chopped maraschino cherry
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Reserve.
- Cream the softened butter. Gradually add the brown and granulated sugars. Blend in the egg and vanilla. Beat well. Add the dry ingredients gradually, blending well.
- Stir in the chocolate morsels, pecans and cherries. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown.